Garden Robin

Garden Robin

Monday 7 March 2016

First Moth Trapping of 2016



I put the moth trap out for the first time this year last night - to be honest with low overnight temperatures forecast I probably wouldn't have bothered but it was the weekend that Garden Moth Scheme started. Unsurprisingly, there were no moths in the trap this morning! As the trap is all set up and a dry night is forecast I will try again tonight as some moths do fly in cold temperatures.


Sunday 6th March, 2016

Min Temp -1.3 degrees Centigrade

Garden Moth Scheme Week 1

15w Actinic Skinner Trap


Moths 0

4 comments:

  1. I suppose nowt was to be expected but still a shame nothing turned up :-( I cleaned my trap up yesterday, the egg boxes seem to be liked by spiders as well as moths, though I don't think I will be trapping until at least the weekend.

    Hope you have better luck tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Its been on for an hour now. Found a lot of cobwebs in my egg-boxes yesterday - I do try and check for spiders before trapping but they still seem to creep inside overnight!

      Delete
  2. I did think of putting the trap out to night, for the past week I have been keeping a eye on the street lamp at the back of our house, once or twice I think I have seen something flutter by, but it might have been my eye's in the cold wind !
    They say it's going to get warmer at the weekend so have decided to wait till then. Have been watching on Twitter and people are getting them in their traps, so it was a shame you didn't get any...
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda - it often seems a slow start here!

      I think you have the right idea to wait until the weekend with the milder weather forecast. Hopefully, you, David and I will be luckier then :)

      Delete